IMF educates the public, health care professionals and corporations on the value of Integrative Medicine (IM) in order to enhance its understanding and utilization. Educational opportunities include presentations at various forums, such as open public meetings, corporate employee meetings, university medical schools, nursing schools, and hospital grand rounds.
Educating the Public
- The book "Get Well & Stay Well - Optimal Health through Transformational Medicine" by Drs. Steve and Sandi Amoils
- Wellness lectures by medical leaders
- Corporate education programs
- Local and national discussions based on the book,” Get Well & Stay Well” by Drs. Steve & Sandi Amoils. Featured on numerous national and local radio and TV stations.
- Monthly health educational series. Topics include:
- Dealing with Gastrointestinal issues
- Stress reduction techniques to use at home and in the workplace
- Non-drug treatments for chronic pain and fatigue
- Non-drug treatments for menopause and infertility
- Local outreach - e.g. IMF hosted a talk of two sports legends, Reg Park, three-time Mr. Universe, and Oscar Robertson, a basketball legend. It was featured at local schools to educate students on how to achieve excellence in sports through drug-free approaches.
Educating Healthcare Professionals
Scholarships awarded to physicians...
- University of Arizona Integrative Medicine Bravewell Fellowship
- Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice
- Medical Acupuncture for Physicians - Helms Medical Institute
- Several physicians have completed IM training in a variety of specialties (ENT, OB/GYN, Pediatrics, and Internal Medicine)
Continuing Medical Education activities for physicians
Scholarships awarded to other healthcare professionals...
- Thai Massage
- Integrative Health Coaching
IMPOE (Integrative Medicine Physician of Excellence) Program
A 1-2 year program that includes, but not limited to, introductory acupuncture training, one-on-one acupuncture patient cases, integrative medicine mentorship, and functional medicine courses. Program is tailored to suit motivated candidates. For more information, click here.
Eduction of medical students, residents in training, and allied health professionals.