“The philosophy behind integrative medicine is a focus on all stages and aspects of an individual’s care, placing the patient at the center and making individuals responsible for and involved in their own health. The physical, mental, social, spiritual, environmental, and other states of being must be considered to ensure that patients receive the highest quality and most comprehensive and coordinated care possible.”
— Judith Salerno, MD, MS,
The Institute of Medicine
Alliance Energy Healer of Excellence Program
The Integrative Medicine Foundation (IMF) is committed to improving standards of care in integrative medicine. The IMF works together with Alliance Integrative Medicine (AIM), one of the leading clinical centers in Integrative Medicine.
Energy healing is one of the oldest and safest healing techniques in the world.Energy Healing techniques are practiced in almost all cultures. In the U.S., energy healing is taught under various umbrella terms such as Healing Touch, Therapeutic Touch and Reiki.
The Alliance Energy Healing Program is a personalized 6-12 month program whereapplicants will be taught various advanced energy healing techniques applied in a clinical setting under the leadership of Linda Benke R.N. Ideal candidates are those with a healthcare background and who have studied energy healing techniques. Candidates will be accepted based on medical experience, understanding of energy healing, anatomy, pathophysiology and a passion for healing and helping others. As part of the program, candidates will work on patients in the Get Well Program (a program for the underserved) at Alliance Integrative Medicine. This will be guided by a variety of experienced energy healing practitioners. They will get to work with physicians and registered nurses at Alliance Integrative Medicine.
Skills and Prerequisites:
- Initial attendance of a Basic Energy Healing Workshop by Linda Benke at Alliance Integrative Medicine.
- Must have attended at least 2 other energy healing programs e.g. Healing Touch, Quantum Touch etc.
- Complete Application Form
- Energy Healing Fulfilment of required reading criteria
- Enthusiastic and passionate about patient care
- Communicates clearly and compassionately discussing care options with patients
- Highly approachable to every type of person, valuing the diversity of personalities and backgrounds
- Knows how to quickly build rapport with patients and an integrated medical team
- Both efficient with time and effective in decisions and recommendations
- Strong passion for integrative medicine philosophy
- Strong desire for continued learning and self-growth
- Preference will be given to RN’s or others with healing certification in the State of Ohio
- Participants are expected to conform to all HIPAA and OSHA requirements. Tutelage on necessary requirements will be given.
- Practitioners will be asked to complete 100 hours of direct patient care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Practitioners will be asked to complete 100 hours of supervised patient care. This may take 6-12 months
- Attendance at weekly Wednesday morning teaching sessions at Alliance Integrative Medicine
- Assisting in care of the Get Well patients at Alliance Integrative Medicine
- Possible participating in research at Alliance Integrative Medicine
- This program is a free educational program for participants. It is sponsored by the Integrative Medicine Program. There is no compensation for participation and no fee for participation.
About Linda Benke, R.N.
Linda is the Director of Energy Medicine at Alliance Integrative Medicine. She has been an Energy Medicine Practitioner for 22 years, 17 of those with us at AIM. She is a registered nurse and a graduate of Northern Kentucky University. She has studied various healing methods, with tutelage by Janet Mentgen, RosalynBruyere and Carolyn Myss.For more information, please email Linda at Linda.Benke@myhealingpartner.com.